Wednesday 13 April 2016

Conducting my Professional Inquiry - Module 3

Update for March!


March was a busy month for me. Having to acquire all of the literature I deemed necessary to conduct my inquiry whilst at sea was somewhat...difficult! 

Having bought many an Internet card and after laborious attempts and willing the Internet connectivity on, I had managed to source and acquire enough literature material to start conducting my literature reviews. (This was probably the most time consuming part of my inquiry process.) That being said, much of March was taken up by reading, analysis and conducting my literature reviews. Which again a slow, but steady process, using Harts purposes of a review (published in his book 'Doing a Literature Review' -1998) it helped to structure the way that I conducted it. Even still I have a few more pieces of literature reviews to do.

March also saw the beginning of my first few interviews for this inquiry. I was very surprised when approaching my prospective volunteers to see how willing they were to donate their views and opinions. (Especially when they realised it was all anonymous!) This part of the inquiry process was probably one of the most straight forward on board. I've still got enough time to ask for one or two more volunteers! But I shall begin to draw up an analysis on these too.






No comments:

Post a Comment